The following is a summary of the rules discussed in the UGA Graduate Bulletin regarding residency and the Program of Study. Special attention is given to how these rules affect Chemistry graduate students.
- A Final Program of Study must include a minimum of 30 hours of resident coursework at the University of Georgia.
- A Final Program of Study must include a minimum of 12 hours of letter-graded graduate courses (i.e., 6xxx-9xxx courses).
- M.S. chemistry students must include on their Final Program of Study:
- Four 3-credit letter-graded graduate courses; a maximum of one of these may be taken outside the chemistry department.
- One 1-credit letter-graded seminar course (i.e., CHEM 8120, 8130, 8140, or 8150).
- A minimum of 3 hours and a maximum of 6 hours of CHEM 7000 (Master's Research).
- A minimum of 3 hours of CHEM 7300 (Master's Thesis).
- The detailed Graduate School rules and procedures for correctly submitting a Chemistry M.S. Program of Study form are available as a pdf download.