Skip to main content
Skip to main menu Skip to spotlight region Skip to secondary region Skip to UGA region Skip to Tertiary region Skip to Quaternary region Skip to unit footer


Changing an existing course registration

It is possible to change one course in a “pair” of co-requisite courses without affecting the other course.  EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: Under normal circumstances, the system will not allow you to drop just a lab or lecture that are corequisites — it will drop them both. This procedure must be followed exactly.  Failure to do so will result in your being de-registered from BOTH courses in the corequisite pair. 

NOTE: If you deregister from both sections of a corequisite pair, and another student is on the Waitlist for either of them, the system will instantly transfer your seat to that student.  That action cannot be reversed.

  • Verify that there is a seat in the section that you wish to switch into.
  • Note the CRN number of the section you wish to switch into.
  • Select “Webdrop” next to the course you wish to switch from.
  • In the “Manual Add” box at the bottom of your registration screen, enter the CRN number of the course you want to switch into.
  • Hit "Submit"

If you get any error message, do not proceed. Make sure you have looked over all of the steps. If a problem persists, contact the General Chemistry Administrator (below).

Contact Us

Requests for information or support are handled through email exchange with the General Chemistry Administrator. Send all email to Do NOT send requests to any other email address; doing so will delay your support by 2 to 5 business days.

Allow one full business day for a reply. If, for example, you send a request at 6 PM on a Wednesday, it will be received the following morning, and a reply can be generally expected one business day later, which would be Friday morning. Do not send additional emails on the same topic; this will delay your support by 1 to 3 business days. 

You must include your full name, MyID, and 810 number on all email. If any of this information is missing, the email will be returned without action, resulting in a delay.

All credit transfer and overrides require that you attach a copy of your transcript. If you do not have an official transcript yet, you may send a screen shot of the unofficial grade report or online transcript. The screen shot must show the following information:

  • Name of the institution.
  • Name of the student
  • Year and semester
  • The course number (e.g. “CHEM 3456”) and title (e.g. “Inorganic Chemistry”).
  • Grade

If the transcript is not attached, the email will be returned without action, resulting in a delay.

Support Us

We appreciate your financial support. Your gift is important to us and helps support critical opportunities for students and faculty alike, including lectures, travel support, and any number of educational events that augment the classroom experience. Click here to learn more about giving.

Every dollar given has a direct impact upon our students and faculty.

Got More Questions?

Undergraduate inquiries: 

Registration and credit

AP Credit, Section Changes, Overrides,

Graduate inquiries:

Contact Us!

Assistant to the Department Head: Donna Spotts, 706-542-1919 

Main office phone: 706-542-1919 

Main Email:

Head of Chemistry: Prof. Jason Locklin