Centers and Institutes such as the Complex Carbohydrate Research Center and the Center for Computational Quantum Chemistry (CCQC) take their faculty from participating departments; they are not able to confer degrees themselves. That is the responsibility of the academic departments. Therefore, if you are interested in working with a faculty member in a specialized Center or Institute, you must apply for graduate admission directly to the department of that faculty member, for example, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physics, etc. While you may work under the auspices of a Center or Institute, your graduate degree must be earned under the specific rules and regulations of an academic department.


Programs may have their own individual organizations and applications for admission.  For example, if you are interested in the Integrated Life Sciences (ILS) program, you will need to apply directly to their program.  For more information about ILS, please visit:



FAQ to Display (OLD FIELD): 
Graduate Program FAQ
FAQ Audience: