It is possible to transfer into a different US graduate program without first completing a degree at your current institution. However, the Council of Graduate Schools as well as the Chemistry Department at UGA requires that before you do so, you should first get the permission, or at least the acknowledgment, from your current department that you desire to transfer and that they have no objection to your doing so. Usually this means that you should arrange for either your major professor, the Graduate Coordinator or Department Head at your current school to write a letter on your behalf describing the circumstances of your transfer and stating their permission for you to transfer without finishing your degree at your current school.

FAQ Types: 
FAQ to Display (OLD FIELD): 
Graduate Program FAQ
FAQ Audience: